1. Walk a little each day. I’m not going to make false resolutions about triathlons or joining a gym but I know I can achieve some walking each day (even if it is only to the coffee shop..)
2. Keep a bottle of water with me in the car, on my desk, on my bedside table so that there’s no excuse not to have a drink of water. Again I’m signing on to any green smoothie regime cause I know it ain’t going to happen and I’d rather not lie to anyone else – or more importantly myself. If someone wants to deliver them fresh to me every day, then the story may change.
3. Take lysine on a semi-regular basis to keep coldsores away. Coldsores not only feel crap but they seriously negatively affect my self-confidence.
4. Body scrub in the shower usually once a week. I can’t decide what I like best – the process of applying it or how soft my skin is afterwards.
5. Eat a rainbow of foods. Food can be so visually appealing and I’m always more inspired by a range of natural colours in my food. Beige on brown doesn’t tend to do it for me.
6. Ensure there is something green in each meal I eat. I’ve been known to add parsley or chives that grow in the window box out the front to enliven a dish. It’s a small thing but it makes me feel better and it is easily achievable so why not.
7. Get some alone time. Wrestle it from the world. Fight for it and defend it viciously. Okay, so I don’t need to always be so violent about getting some solo time but sometimes I do.
8. Play, experiment, try a new artistic medium.
9. Fresh air. Open a window. Sit outside. Even when it’s cool out, I’ll rug up but I like fresh air.
10. “ I am just really nice to myself. I stop comparing, I sleep, I do what I love, I stop listening to rubbish and just hang and talk with the good folk and if I cannot get out of bed, the world won’t end as I know it.” I’ve liberated her words as they say it so well.